Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. Victor Hugo
When I went to college, I saw a poster in the campus bookstore that I loved. It was by Leah Schwartz and depicted irises. I loved it and bought it. I got at least one other poster by her of a different scene of irises. It wasn't until later that year that I was home for the weekend and saw the irises in our backyard. Then it dawned on me why I liked those posters so much. I was homesick!
This pic made me cry this morning. I've forgotten just how beautiful irises are and how they were always my favorite flower when I was younger. (My df was a master gardener and had the most beautiful gardens.) Like aiv said about her posters, this pic made me homesick - for a time and place long gone where life was so much simpler and joyful. Thank you for sharing it!
3 comments:
This is beautiful!
When I went to college, I saw a poster in the campus bookstore that I loved. It was by Leah Schwartz and depicted irises. I loved it and bought it. I got at least one other poster by her of a different scene of irises. It wasn't until later that year that I was home for the weekend and saw the irises in our backyard. Then it dawned on me why I liked those posters so much. I was homesick!
I like this picture, Fairlight!
This pic made me cry this morning. I've forgotten just how beautiful irises are and how they were always my favorite flower when I was younger. (My df was a master gardener and had the most beautiful gardens.) Like aiv said about her posters, this pic made me homesick - for a time and place long gone where life was so much simpler and joyful. Thank you for sharing it!
Post a Comment