Monday, April 24, 2006

Proboscus

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! And, yes, I do like butterflies. :o) B wants me to get him a butterfly garden and watch caterpillars morph into butterflies. I told him maybe after we get moved in and settled a bit.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is something I would like to do!

I know you are not really into bugs, but one of the most fun things we have done since we started homeschooling, was keeping sowbugs and pillbugs. They are so easy to care for and dear son loved it. He even named one of them. They had babies and we got to watch them moult. We eventually let them go. We didn't intend to keep them, just observe for a while. Let me know if you need the details. I hope you are not squirming thinking about it! ;-) Maybe this could be a dad/son project.

I have to say that homeschooling has really given me a greater appreciation for the little creatures.

Anonymous said...

PS: He named it Pillsberry!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm squirming! I keep finding large black ants in our room. I've found two crawling on our bed! We also have silverfish. YUCK! I really can't intentionally invite bugs into our house. LOL They find their way in all on their own. LOL

Anonymous said...

ROFLMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elaine, that cracked me up! Oh my goodness! I love the line about not being able to intentionally invite bugs in. I needed that. :-)