Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. Victor Hugo
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Museum Of Appalachia
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
This looks like a place I would like to visit. :o) Too bad it is so far away from me. Maybe one day???
That would be great! I wish I could have taken more pix. A lot of the displays were behind glass and the lights in the building were causing a terrible glare. They had so many things that it would take weeks to see them all.
Two things that I thought were quite unusual were a gravity fed imbalming jar *yuck* and something called "angel crowns". They are crowns of feathers from the pillow that a dead person slept on. They had three or four on display and they really were crowns of feathers.
4 comments:
This looks like a place I would like to visit. :o) Too bad it is so far away from me. Maybe one day???
That would be great! I wish I could have taken more pix. A lot of the displays were behind glass and the lights in the building were causing a terrible glare. They had so many things that it would take weeks to see them all.
Two things that I thought were quite unusual were a gravity fed imbalming jar *yuck* and something called "angel crowns". They are crowns of feathers from the pillow that a dead person slept on. They had three or four on display and they really were crowns of feathers.
Elaine,if you will go to this site it explains the death crowns or angel crowns better than I did.
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/OLD-WORDS/2001-10/1002631841
Oh, that is kind of strange... interesting, but strange. LOL
Post a Comment