Thursday, June 07, 2007

Clinging To The Rock Of Ages

This morning has gotten off to a bad start. I have had a cough for weeks that I have been blaming on allergies. Yesterday, I started feeling like I was getting sick. Today, I need to go trade and run some errands, when all I feel like doing is crawling back into bed. VBS is less than two weeks away and I am totally unprepared. There are dozens of projects waiting for me here at the house, that I keep pushing back because I don't feel like doing them. Youngest son has been having lows again and I am exhausted from getting up during the night. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to paint a little picture of why I am feeling so overwhelmed.

I opted for Lite coffee this morning, since I overslept and needed to jumpstart my day. I cut out most caffeine from my diet at the first of the year. Desperate times call for desperate measures. While on my way to the kitchen for my second cup of coffee, a little thought popped into my brain. Nothing attention grabbing...just a small, quiet thought...you need to pray. Now, of course I have been praying...I pray all the time, but this was different. This was that still, small voice that I am usually too busy to hear. This was my little connection that lets me know that God is so very real and that he cares about me and actually wants to hear from me. Me...on the way to my kitchen...with my empty cup in my hand.

Nothing in my hand I bring...Simply to Thy cross I cling...

Clinging to the Rock of Ages...that's how I feel this morning. Despite my circumstances, my soul is full. I will finish writing this article, pray it blesses someone, and then hit my knees and cling to the One that I know can refresh me. Pray to the One that I know cares about my every need. Lay it all out there at His feet. Fill my cup.

4 comments:

r said...

Wonderful post! I got out my Power of a Praying Parent book this morning because I felt the need to just pray for ds. May the Lord bless you through the day, my dear Fairlight. Please go to the doctor if you don't get better soon. You've been coughing for quite some time and I worry because of your lack of sleep. I love you, sister!

~T said...

(((((((Fairlight)))))) thank you for posting this!

Kim said...

This was very much a blessing to me. Thanks for posting inthe midst of trial.

~Kim in TX, from Teaching Mom

Debbie B said...

Fairlight,

Thanks for sharing. God is so good to speak to us gently when he wants us to hear His voice.

Blessings,
Debbie