Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mr. Personality! OR No Animals Were Harmed During The Writing Of This Blog Entry



This is our new cat, Sweet Potato. Sweet Potato was a stray that took up at our doorstep. He was in very bad shape the first time we saw him. He had been attacked by another cat or dog with a large gash on his back and front leg. I doctored him back to health and he has been here ever since.

Before Sweet Potato, we had a miniature schnauzer, named Ginger that we had raised since she was a puppy. She lived to be 15 years old and when she died I vowed I would NEVER have another pet. Never say never. When this poor cat took up at our house, I couldn't turn him away. He was in such bad shape. Every morning I thought I would wake up to find him dead and every morning he would be waiting for me at the back door.

All of his wounds are healed up now and he is starting to act like a real cat. He is learning to hunt and he loves to play with falling leaves. He is still so gentle. He never nips or scratches. He loves to be held and petted. He also loves to sneak in the house. Dear husband cannot make it in the back door without letting him in and it has turned into such a funny situation. When you scold the cat or try to make him go back out he will instantly flop over on his side like he has been shot. Especially when dear husband scolds him. I usually just pick him up and carry him back out, but dear husband tries to make him go back out and it is so funny. Everyone knows you can't make a cat do anything. So there is dear husband trying to make the cat mind and there is the cat sprawled out in the floor playing dead.

Here are some pix of the cat asleep in the yard. He loves to sleep on his back! I know these are not very good pix, but I wanted to share them anyway. They make me smile every time I look at them. He is not any easy animal to photograph. He is either asleep or crawling all over you, so I was happy to have taken these. I will keep at it, though. I would like to have at least one good pix of him.









4 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

ha ha ha

That is a hilarious cat!

I would have a blast trying to take pictures of him sleeping all over the place :o)

He does look dead, tho.

Funny!

r said...

LOL - That is the way both of my dogs sleep most days. It's pretty comical to see a cat laid out like that. :-D

Anonymous said...

He looks just like our cat Snickers. I'm a huge yellow cat fan-Awesome personalities. We have two and will never have any other color of cat. I've tried them all over the years and my yellow boys are my favorites. I wonder where Sweet Potato came from. He sounds like he has a sweet personality. Why would anyone let him go?

Debbie B said...

LOL!! Those pictures are great. He must feel extremely safe.

Blessings,
Debbie