Monday, November 26, 2007

Random Ramblings

Made In America, Or Is It?
Dear husband had to buy a new pair of work boots this weekend. He bought a pair of Red Wings that had this tag attached:


He was pleased to find a pair that were made in the U.S.A. He bought them and brought them home only to find a label inside the boot that said "Made in China". He was not one bit pleased. This really should be against the law.



Another Photography Contest
Yes, I, the one who said she would never enter another photography contest, did. Forgive me for lying. I had no intentions of entering, but dear husband asked me if I would enter another local contest. This one was much bigger and scarier than the one I entered earlier. I took second place on this pix in the Flowers category:

Opossum
We saw the opossum last night. We were pulling in the driveway and the headlights caught him scurrying along the creek bank. He hasn't been back to the bird feeder since dear husband moved the wire he was using to climb up onto the roof. He looked fat and sassy, so I am pretty sure he has found another food source. That's good.

Elk
I saw my first elk in the wild this week! Well...he wasn't really in the wild; he was on the side of the road and several cars had stopped to watch and take pix. What makes this especially interesting is that elk were introduced into this area in 1997 and I am just now seeing my first one. It only took me 10 years. I hope to get pix soon.

3 comments:

r said...

Beautiful! You're #1 with me, girl!

r said...

Oh and meant to add....

Grrrr....they really shouldn't imply that things are made in the USA when they aren't! That really ticks me off!

Debbie B said...

Your photo is lovely!!

I understand your husband's feelings about the tag. I'll join Elaine in a loud "GRRRRRR".

Blessings,
Debbie