1 stick margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup self-rising flour
2 eggs
2 cups brown sugar (yes, really this much)
1 cup chopped pecans
Melt margarine in an 8" x10" pan.
Mix all other ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Add melted butter from pan.
Stir and pour back into pan.
Bake 30 minutes at 350.
Cool and cut into squares.
Dust with powdered sugar.
*Fairlight's Notes*
I don't have an 8x10 pan so I used a disposable 8x8 and it worked just fine.
I melted my margarine in a glass mearuring cup in the microwave.
I have only made these once and we loved them!
The next time I make them, I am going to add one teaspoon of cinnamon and I am going to wait overnight before I try to cut them into squares. They were still kind of gooey when I tried to cut them after 2 hours. They set completely overnight.
These are so rich, but they are light like lemon squares. I also like them because I have most of the ingredients on hand all the time.
Christmas Cookies
I picked up a copy of Ladies' Home Journal yesterday to read about the McCaughey Septuplets turning 10 and I found some really clever Christmas cookies. My favorites are the Peanut Butter Rudolph Reindeers and the Dulce de Leche Chocolate Bars. You can make two variations of the chocolate bars. My favorite is this beautiful red, white, and green swirl pattern using melted white chocolate and red and green food coloring. Very beautiful and unusual. I could not find a link to the recipe or pix, but be sure to check out the Rudolph cookies. They are adorable.
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These look easy! I like easy.
Blessings,
Debbie
Post a Comment