Saturday, December 29, 2007

How I Spent My Christmas Vacation

One of the cool things about homeschooling is that you can make up your own schedule. We live in a state that requires 180 school days a year. I break this down into four 9 week quarters and plan breaks around each quarter. Each year we put the books away for Thanksgiving and don't start back until after the first of the new year. This gives me lots of time for shopping, baking, wrapping gifts, and visiting with family and friends.

This year I had the pleasure of meeting one of my dear friends in Townsend, a little town on the peaceful side of the Smokies. Karen and her family were on vacation in the Smokies and invited us to come and visit them. Dear husband had some days off, so we went down on Friday and spent the night. Here are some pix of our trip.




Fighting Creek



Cataract Falls




Deer grazing in the cove


Church at dusk in the cove

No comments: