Friday, April 04, 2008

April 4, 2008

Joy! Rapture! On my quest to relocate some of My Favorites, I remembered a wonderful online book that I had saved. I remembered that it was a wonderful book. I remembered how I felt when I read the first story in the book. I remembered wanting to share my find with the rest of the world. What I couldn't remember was the name of the book or the author. I did remember the site that it was on so I tried to search there. I had no idea where to look. Then I remembered that I had copied one of the stories and read it to my family as a devotion. I dug through the window seat for my big black three ring binder of all my treasures I have discovered on the internet and there was my story along with the title of the book and the author's name! The book is Parables from Nature by Mrs. Alfred Gatty. It is a real gem! Do not miss this one. Go right now and read the first story...I'll wait on you to get back.

While I am waiting, I will also let you know that you can read Understood Betsy and even Anne of Green Gables online. I know it is not the same as actually holding a book in your hand and curling up in your favorite reading spot, but isn't it breathtaking to know that someone has taken the time to see that these treasures are available for anyone that has internet service. Thank you. Whoever you are.

And now I will leave you with a question that has been puzzling me for quite some time now. Just what is "fancy" ketchup anyhow?

1 comment:

r said...

Glad you found some of your favorites!

Maybe fancy ketchup is made from those tomatoes that like to dress up to go to parties? Haha, that was pretty lame, huh? I did find this website about it...
http://ask.yahoo.com/20040809.html