Friday, May 09, 2008

May 9, 2008

Youngest dear son and I are wrapping up our homeschooling for the regular year. We have decided to do a little summer school this year to catch up on some things that we never seem to have time for during the regular school year. This week, dear son finished his English and math book. I love the fact that we finish textbooks. I attended public school and except for readers, I don't think I ever finished a book...maybe a spelling book.

Regular gas here is $3.70 a gallon now, and groceries are going up every time I go trade. I was just looking at a couple of homeschooling catalogs. I have a winter sale catalog and a spring sale catalog and I couldn't believe how much they have raised. I have been trying to stock up when I catch things on sale, but it never dawned on me to go ahead and buy our books for next year.


I wanted to show you this little stool my mom made and gave to me. The top is made of men's neckties.

I guess that's it for this morning. I need to get my day started. Toodles.

1 comment:

r said...

Very pretty little stool that your mom made!