Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 12, 2008

Joan of Arcadia is back on the air! The SciFi channel is airing first season episodes on Friday nights at 8 p.m. This is the show's old time slot. They aired the pilot last night. I have given up hope of the show ever being in production again. It only lasted two seasons before being canceled. Who knows? They may one day make a TV movie.

Oldest dear son and I saw two owls Thursday night. One was sitting on our fence and another was sitting on the neighbor's fence. They were calling to each other or to the mama owl. They were juveniles and very loud and noisy. They are barred owls or "hoot" owls. We have several hummingbirds now. Still, their numbers are down from last year. Many of the birds have found the "spa" and are using it to drink. I have yet to see one take a bath.




As you can see, Sweet Potato is alive and well. He hasn't changed a bit. I have tried in vain to fatten him up. Oldest dear son does not want to call him Sweet Potato. He thinks he needs a more masculine name. I told him he could call him "Brutus", but he would still be Sweet Potato. Sweet Potato had a digestive ailment that I won't discuss here to protect his privacy. I did some research on the internet and learned that Metamucil would sometimes help this problem, so I bought him a great big jar of Metamucil. I talk to the cat and naturally when I got home I went out and was telling him all about the Metamucil and how I hoped it would help him. Oldest dear son came out, heard me, and was mortified. Evidently, you are not supposed to say "Metamucil" out loud and in public. What if the neighbors heard!

1 comment:

r said...

ROFLOLSWaterOMM @ you telling the cat about the Metamucil and your oldest ds's reaction. Poor kitty, what an embarrassing situation, for sure!