We woke up this morning to another week and another season. My favorite season. Welcome, fall. I've missed you. We have been having cooler mornings and shorter evenings. Some of our leaves are already changing colors. Fall is a great time to find spider webs, especially in the morning dew. Here are some older pix of webs I have found:
A Variety of Webs
Webs on Laurel Lake
More Lake Webs
Have you ever learned about something and then wondered why you had never thought to wonder about it? I read in the newspaper on Sunday that cashews are never sold in the shell. I had never noticed this before, but it's true. What a strange little bit of trivia that had escaped my attention for 47 years. Cashews are in the same family as poison ivy! It takes quite a bit of work to get the cashew out of its shell. You can read a little about that HERE.
That's it for this post. Happy Fall or Autumn. Whichever you choose! I think autumn is a lovely word, but rarely used around here.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How funny you mention the cashews! In the Jr. Ranger program we went to the ranger dispelled the myth that cashews grow on poison ivy plants. I had never heard of that so it just sounded stupid to me, but now that I've read your tidbit of info, it makes sense why people thought that.
I didn't know that about cashews. Thanks for the lesson! :)
Post a Comment