On Saturday, dear husband and I were driving home along a creek. We came around a curve and I looked over and saw a doe with a fawn. They were standing in the water just off the creek bank still under the trees. They both looked so small. We just barely caught of glimpse of them as we drove by.
I need a new pair of tennis shoes. Do you call them tennis shoes? Sneakers? My mom calls them gym shoes. After years of working as a nurse on concrete floors, my feet are very particular about the shoes I wear. For years, I wore a particular style of easy spirit that I could find at Belk. They discontinued this style and I had to find another one. I found a pair of K-SWISS I could wear and they...yep...discontinued them. I was desparate for a new pair of shoes. I ended up buying a pair of newbalance and I think I have worn them maybe five times. I hate them. They hurt my feet. I am going to give them away. I cannot go barefoot. The first thing I do every morning after I awake is put on my glasses and my shoes.
Sweet Potato's violent streak has ended. Earlier, I had written that he had killed two birds. I am happy to report that he hasn't killed anything since.
Today is September 11.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had bad luck with New Balance also. Their factory store is a short drive from here and we used to buy the boys' sneakers during their factory sale every August. I found some I liked, but every time I wore them they blistered my heels.Back to my trusty old Reeboks.
Post a Comment