Do you watch House? I had watched it once and really didn't care for it. For some reason this weekend, I decided to watch it again and now I am hooked. I did not want to like this show. House is hateful. The medical cases on the show are absurd. There is just something about it that I like.
Youngest dear son made his first bad test grade yesterday in English. I don't know what happened. He made a 66 which is a D on our grading scale. The test was over material that I know he knew. His blood sugars were good yesterday and the day before. I know he had studied. As a mommy, it was hard to record that grade. He also had a math test and made a 97 on it, so I don't think he was just having a bad day. After I graded his test he said he was going to have to take English more seriously.
I don't think I will ever be able to complain about childbirth again after watching a TV show about a woman giving birth in 2000 IN A TREE. When I read the description of the show, I could not for the life of me figure out why a woman would give birth in a tree. Was she in a tree house? Was she trying to set some sort of record for births in strange places. No. She was in a terrible flood in Mozambique. If I remember correctly, her mother-in-law was in a nearby tree and realized what was happening. She swam over and helped her deliver the baby right before they were rescued by helicopter. I found an article about it HERE.
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't like marking bad grades on my ds's papers, either. Sometimes I let him retake, but if he still gets it wrong, I mark it and then we restudy the material.
That's totally bizarre about the lady giving birth in a tree. Whew!
Oh and I do like to watch House, but I liked his original 3 assistants. I'm not liking these new people so much.
Post a Comment