Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I admit, I do not like to watch the news. I'm sure I am very behind in current world events, but I cannot believe that I hadn't heard of this! Dear husband listens to NPR almost every day and he had never heard of it, either. Switzerland Begins Big Bang Experiment I also heard this morning that there was an earthquake in Iran. I wonder if the atom smasher will be blamed for it?

Oldest dear son is on week three of living away from home in his little apartment. The drain pipes under his kitchen sink were leaking. Two men came to fix them. Dear son had to leave to go to school. Before he left, he explained that both sides of the sink were leaking and even pointed with his finger to the exact place they were leaking. The men said they would fix them and lock up when they left. He came home from class and found his front door unlocked and one side of the sink fixed.

He is working as a teaching assistant in an American History class. Friday, he graded quizzes. Two hundred and twenty quizzes to be exact. It took him 6 hours. This was just for one class.

It is still hard to get through the day without missing him. Youngest dear son and I are kind of lost until dear husband gets home from work. Oldest son calls often and emails, but it just is not the same. He calls every night before we go to bed and we put him on speaker phone. We all talk and laugh and I know he is in safely for the night.

I still have an empty, unsettled feeling most of the time. Like something is just not quite right. For 23 years, there were three of us. For fourteen of those years, there were four of us. Now we are back down to three. Four was better.

1 comment:

r said...

((((((The Fairlight Family))))))))