Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random Ramblings

I couldn't find my blog this morning. All I saw was a blank white page. I could access my dashboard. I could see that all my stuff was still there...somewhere. It was a spooky feeling. I published a test entry and it went through. When it did, my blog came back. I hope that never happens again. I have a lot of stuff on here now and I would really hate to lose it. My three year blogging anniversary is coming up soon. Actually, IT IS TODAY! I almost missed it. I knew it was in February. Maybe my blog was off somewhere celebrating the occasion. Happy Anniversary dear little blog. I love you.


I walked up on the hill a few days ago to look around. My primrose and the lone creeping phlox that I planted last year are coming up and doing well. My Easter flowers (daffodils) are up. I even saw a little green in the grass. It was a welcoming sight. I am so sick of winter. We are expecting more snow this week and temps are supposed to dip down into the teens. Hurry, sweet spring.


My family and I have been watching several bluebirds in the backyard. The bluebirds have been checking out the nesting boxes. I read that bluebirds will use nesting boxes to roost in during the winter. One man found 11 bluebirds all huddled in one box. I hope that when they decide to nest, they will stay here. They seem to be playing house. They fly in and out of the boxes and sometimes, just stick their heads in, like they are feeding young. Chickadees have already claimed one of the boxes.


We won't raise a big garden this year, but we will set out some tomatoes and sow a few rows of green beans to can. We didn't raise a garden last year because of the drought. We have had plenty of rain this winter. Hopefully, our summer won't be as dry as last year.


I continue to declutter. I was able to get dear husband to let go of some BassPro and Cabela's catalogs last night. He is holding on to all of his BassMasters and Kentucky Game and Fish magazines. We have boxes of them already up in the attic. Men are such packrats. I used to be very sentimental about keeping things, but the older I get, and the more stuff my guys decide to keep, the more I feel the need to lighten the load and free up some space. Our little house can only hold so much. Decluttering gives me a good feeling.


I guess that's it for this morning. It is so easy for me to sit at the computer when I need to be doing other things. I best scoot. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

r said...

Glad you found it! The little birdies are outside chirping away today - they must have spring on their minds.