Sunday, July 12, 2009

On Mountains and Sky...



Normally, I can remember when and where I take my pictures. This one, however, has me stumped. I can't remember where I was, or when I took it. I know it was on a trip home and I asked dear husband to pull the car over so I could take a pix. Beyond that, I don't remember. I think it's pretty though.

I love our mountains, but you just about have to go outside and look straight up to even see the sky here. We are surrounded by mountains. I always enjoy looking at the sky when we travel. As long as I don't see too much of it. Flat land makes me very uncomfortable. I feel anchored and protected by the mountains.

From the pilot episode of Christy...
"...Nothing in my life had prepared me for the wonder of those mountains. Smoke blue and serene, folded one behind the other. I counted eleven ranges rising up toward the vault of the sky.

I didn't realize it then, but from the very first moment I saw them, the mountains were a source of peace and strength to me. Always there to quiet my mind and satisfy my heart."

I couldn't have said it any better.

No comments: