Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. Victor Hugo
Friday, March 24, 2006
Signs Of Spring: Primrose
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I've never seen a primrose. WOW! Are these yours, Fairlight??? They're so striking!
These are the heartiest little flowers. They bloom almost as soon as they come up through the ground. The kind of look like an African violet. I have two different colors. They grow in clumps and you can dig them up and separate them and then transplant them to other areas. We have them growing in a little natural rock garden in the back yard along with Carpet Bugles. I have a pale Giant Bearded Iris in the middle. Pix of it soon. :-)
3 comments:
I've never seen a primrose. WOW! Are these yours, Fairlight??? They're so striking!
These are the heartiest little flowers. They bloom almost as soon as they come up through the ground. The kind of look like an African violet. I have two different colors. They grow in clumps and you can dig them up and separate them and then transplant them to other areas. We have them growing in a little natural rock garden in the back yard along with Carpet Bugles. I have a pale Giant Bearded Iris in the middle. Pix of it soon. :-)
Very pretty flowers! I don't remember ever seeing them either, but I have heard of them.
Post a Comment