Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. Victor Hugo
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Country Roads...Take Me Home...
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Simply beautiful! Good to see you are blogging again. :o)
Thanks. I really missed getting to work on the blog. It is like therapy for me.
The old fence post is one of my favorite pix. This was taken in Cades Cove in the Smokies. The fence was beside one of the churches still in the cove. Dear husband asked me why I was taking a pix of an old fence post. When we went back the next time, it was gone. It had fallen down. So glad I got that pix. The pix of the Black-eyed Susans was taken in Gatlinburg, TN. The rest of the pix in this series were taken in my backyard or down the lane from my house.
For some reason, the number of comments for this post is wrong. Right now, it is only showing 1 comment at the bottom of the post. I don't know why.I am hoping by responding again, (it can't hurt)that it will correct itself. Elaine, I hope you find my response. :-)
Thank you ma'am. I wish I could take good pix of people....they never turn out! I have to say that flowers and fence posts make much better models. They never close their eyes! ;-)
We love the titmice and chickadees, too. We have them all year. Have you all read Chickadee Winter? It was one of dear son's favorites.
Also meant to add...the pix of the titmouse was taken one winter through a window in the mudroom. I had gotten a new camera lens for Christmas and wanted to try it out. What you don't see in the pix is that I put a bird treat in the tree to draw in the birds. I also had to really clean the window!!!
7 comments:
Simply beautiful! Good to see you are blogging again. :o)
Thanks. I really missed getting to work on the blog. It is like therapy for me.
The old fence post is one of my favorite pix. This was taken in Cades Cove in the Smokies. The fence was beside one of the churches still in the cove. Dear husband asked me why I was taking a pix of an old fence post. When we went back the next time, it was gone. It had fallen down. So glad I got that pix. The pix of the Black-eyed Susans was taken in Gatlinburg, TN. The rest of the pix in this series were taken in my backyard or down the lane from my house.
For some reason, the number of comments for this post is wrong. Right now, it is only showing 1 comment at the bottom of the post. I don't know why.I am hoping by responding again, (it can't hurt)that it will correct itself. Elaine, I hope you find my response. :-)
Love the tufted titmouse. I miss the birds at my old house!
Your photos are professional quality!
Thank you ma'am. I wish I could take good pix of people....they never turn out! I have to say that flowers and fence posts make much better models. They never close their eyes!
;-)
We love the titmice and chickadees, too. We have them all year. Have you all read Chickadee Winter? It was one of dear son's favorites.
Also meant to add...the pix of the titmouse was taken one winter through a window in the mudroom. I had gotten a new camera lens for Christmas and wanted to try it out. What you don't see in the pix is that I put a bird treat in the tree to draw in the birds. I also had to really clean the window!!!
Looks like the comments are showing up again. :)
Post a Comment