
I was born 46 years ago today. The hospital where I was born was torn down recently. My great grandmother was still living and decided to come across the mountain to see me. The nurses found out and tried to pretty me up a bit. I didn't have a dab of hair and had a huge pump knot on the side of my head from delivery. They cut off the tail end of my gown, used it to make a large bow, and taped it to the side of my head. I can only imagine what I looked like! Still, it was a thoughtful gesture.
I was almost a year old in this pix. I am playing with a camera box. My mom bought this camera with S & H Green Stamps. This pix was taken with it. Not long ago, she gave the camera to me.
8 comments:
OH What a cutie!!! And I remember the S & H Green stamps.... my grandma always bought things with them!!! Ohhhhh the memories!!! Of course, I guess in admitting that I know what they are means I have to admit that I'm nearly as old as you are!! LOL
Pam
Those were the good old days. I also remember getting a juice glass in oatmeal and a towel or washcloth in laundry detergent, not to mention the "real" prizes you used to get in Cracker Jack...not those terrible paper things that you get now.
awwww, you were such a beautiful babe!!!!
Happy belated birthday. I hope it was a great one.
I had forgotten about the juice glasses and such in products. Wow, times they are a changin. lol
You're much older than me. I won't be 46 until September. I love the picture.
I remember S&H stamps too. My mom bought me luggage when I graduated from high school using them-It was a mustard yellow color (Not a beautiful color,but it got me through 4 years of college).Does anyone remember Thrill dishsoap? My mom got little green and red elves attached to the bottle when I was a kid. We used to put them up all over the house for Christmas decorations.
Hope your birthday was happy!
Awwww, I love this picture and I love how they tried to pretty you up for your great-grandma!!
I don't remember Thrill. We had Breeze laundry detergent that had towels in them. I remember watching the Porter Wagner show when Dolly Parton did the adds for Breeze. We also had Crystal Wedding Oats that had glassware in them. I can't remember the brand, but we also bought jelly that came in a drinking glass. I think sometimes it had cartoon characters on it.
Thank you all for the sweet comments, birthday wishes, and for this fun trip down memory lane.
((((Friends))))
Post a Comment