Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10, 2008

I was working on our bills this month and gave dear husband his "proof of insurance" card to put in the truck. He happened to be in the truck at the time. He always sticks the card up over the door in the truck. When he changes the oil in the truck, he also tears off the flap on the Fram oil filter box and writes the date/mileage on it and sticks it up over the door. He handed me all the old cards and flaps and I took them in the house and counted them. He had 10 insurance cards and 27 flaps. The flaps accounted for 81 thousand miles which is only one third of the actual miles on the truck. The truck will soon have 250,000 miles. It sure has been a good old truck.

Sweet Potato is doing well this winter. I still don't know if he is really our cat or not. He comes and goes, sometimes staying gone for two days. He always comes back. He is still as sweet as ever. The sweetest cat in the world. That's what I call him.

Bird Watching Update: During our next to the last snow storm, a flock of red-winged blackbirds were at the feeder. I took pix, but the film is still in the camera. Hopefully, I have a good pix or two to share. I know these birds are considered a nuisance, but we rarely see them and I think they are so beautiful. We have had a few goldfinches and house finches visiting and one day I saw a pair of purple finches. The mockers are still visiting and during the coldest days we have juncos and white-throated sparrows. Dear husband has been seeing huge flocks of robins on the way to work and I counted 12 or 13 in the driveway during a cold spell. Oldest dear son heard our first phoebe of the year, yesterday.

We start school back today. We were off all last week for spring break. I need to get busy, so I will close for now. Toodles! Hope your day is a good one. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: