Friday, March 21, 2008

March 21, 2008

We just finished watching Amazing Grace, again, this time for school. Dear husband and I had watched it once before. We hadn't planned on having school today, but dear husband decided to go fishing, so I thought we would just go ahead and get another day in while he was gone. Youngest dear son is covering the British slave trade in World Studies so I thought of this movie. I highly recommend it. Oldest dear son, who is a history major, watched it with us and loved it. I also rented Enchanted, but fell asleep last night watching it. My guys all liked it and that is amazing in itself for a chick flick. I will finish watching it today. I was just too tired to stay up last night. The Amazing Grace DVD also has interactive study helps on the special features section. I am going to check into them after lunch today. We may just do a whole day of Amazing Grace. Youngest dear son would love that!

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie:

John Newton: Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly. I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.

John Newton: [reciting his song] "I once was blind but now I see". Didn't I write that?
William Wilberforce: Yes, you did.
John Newton: Now at last it's true.

William Wilberforce: No one of our age has ever taken power.
Pitt the Younger: Which is why we're too young to realize certain things are impossible. Which is why we will do them anyway.

John Newton: God sometimes does His work with gentle drizzle, not storms. Drip. Drip. Drip.

Richard the Butler: You found God, sir?
William Wilberforce: I think He found me.

1 comment:

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

I loved that movie!

Grits