I have a new nick-name for dear husband. "Fattening". No, I am not calling him fat. He is fattening. When I am around him, I eat. He was off for Good Friday, so he had a three-day weekend. You want to know what we did? We ate. And ate. And ate. We went to Knoxville on Saturday and had cheesecake. Then we brought home a box of Krispy Kremes. He was home for three days and I gained back almost five pounds. I really need to work on my willpower when I am around him. I have all the junk out of the house now and I am back on the road to healthy eating, at least until he has a few more days off.
I came across a few words this week that I really like:
Gallivant
Shenanigans
Teetotalism
I think I will try to use them all in a sentence today.
The birds have been waking me up in the mornings. It's such a nice way to start the day.
We saw a story on the news recently about a mayor in a small town in Kentucky that had been banned from entering any local businesses because...he's a dog. You can read about it here. He is only the second dog to be elected. I love the look of this website, especially the map. Isn't it great to see a whole town with a sense of humor?
Guess that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by. Toodles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know what you mean! I eat constantly when my dh is home. It drives me nuts! The man likes to eat, but he doesn't gain weight and *I* do!
Grits
When my dh is off, I eat like that too. He's a bean pole and can eat anything he wants, anytime he wants, so I tend to follow his lead when he's home.
Post a Comment