Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April 2, 2008

We are taking a sick day today. Youngest dear son woke up yesterday with a sore throat and a fever. I'm not feeling so hot myself so we will take today off to rest and recuperate.

The other day I overheard both of our sons in the bathroom. I couldn't figure out why they were both in there so I went to the door and listened. Oldest dear son was teaching youngest dear son how to shave! I'm afraid it's true. Youngest dear son needs to shave. He turned 14 in March. He didn't really shave that day; oldest was just showing him the ropes. It was bittersweet for me.

We stopped at Food City on the way home from church on Easter Sunday to pick up a few things for lunch. I saw a beautiful elderly black woman shopping. She was still in her church clothes and she was just stunning! She had on a gorgeous hat. I love hats. I wish women still wore hats. I am not a woman who can pull off wearing a hat, but I still love them. I wear one when I fish and work in the yard.

Twice in the past week I have ran into someone that knew me, but I didn't recognize. Both times I had to say, "I'm sorry, but you are going to have to tell me who you are." I hate when this happens. With both, the minute they told me who they were, I knew them. One I had went to school with in high school and the other was the son of a woman I had worked with years ago. Now, as embarrassing as it is to have to let someone know you don't remember them, I have found it is even worse to say nothing and then stand there racking your brain for some little shred of recollection. Please, take it from me, if you don't remember just say you don't remember up front. It's not so bad once you get used to it.

I have to mention that our forsythia bush is in full bloom now along with the pear trees and another little white bush that I have never really known the name. I think it may be Bridal Veil, but I am not sure. I think it is in the spirea family. The grass is getting green and bushy. It was 76 yesterday, but supposed to be in the 30s last night.

I guess that's it for now. I hope you are blessed with a good day today. Toodles.

No comments: