Monday, April 28, 2008

April 28, 2008

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Vidalia onions are now in the store! It almost rhymes. I think God created Vidalia onions to help us while we are waiting for real tomatoes. It will be a while, yet. I only eat tomatoes in the summer. I cannot stand hot house tomatoes. They're white and they taste like cardboard. I really don't see the point at all. Once you have tasted a home-grown tomato, your life changes forever. You will never go back.

Lack of sleep and lack of estrogen have made thinking quite a chore for me. I do, however, every now and then, come up with a great idea. The boys' rooms are on the end of the house. Most of the time they are holed up in their rooms listening to loud music. If I need them, I have to walk through the house or yell like a crazy woman to get them to hear me. We have had a wireless doorbell on top of the fridge for years in the mixing bowl waiting for someone to put in the batteries and install it. I threw in the batteries and put the part that rings in the adjoining closets of the boys' rooms. When we had their rooms built, we had the builder leave the bottom half of the adjoining wall in their closets open. Dear husband and I were worried about oldest son's room being on the other side of the hallway in case the house ever caught on fire. You can go in one closet and crawl through into the other closet. It's like a secret passageway. Now when I need them, I just ring the doorbell!

No comments: