Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29, 2008

Spring is here and that means spring cleaning. Just off the living room, we have a little alcove that sets up a step from the rest of the house. It has one large window in the back with two smaller windows on each side. I took down all the valances, or toppers as they are called now, and threw them in the washer and dryer. I was positive I had put them in the dryer before. When they came out none of them were the same length! It was hilarious. One was half the original size! One was a little longer and the other two were somewhere in between. Now I can't use any of them. I guess it's time for new curtains.

I learned this weekend that I "play ball like a girl". This is one of our favorite quotes from the movie, The Sandlot. I laugh just thinking about it. We went up on the football field to let youngest hit some balls and run off some energy. I thought I would try my hand at batting. Dear husband is a fairly good pitcher. I ended up bunting almost every time because I was afraid the ball was going to hit me. Instead of swinging at the pitch, I was jabbing at them defensively. I hit dear husband on the same shin twice with the ball. The sun was in my eyes. I was hot and sweaty. I needed to go to the bathroom. I gave up and wandered over to a little cemetery until they finished playing. I guess I'm just a big sissy chicken girl after all.

2 comments:

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

Yep sounds like it's time for new curtains! LOL How funny that they shrank up so weird.

r said...

LOL @ the curtains.

You know what? I play ball like a girl, too. I'm awful when it comes to sports. I usually give up and watch from the side.