Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 20, 2008

I've been tagged by Elaine to list six quirky facts about me.

1. I didn't realize Elaine and I had so much in common until I read her list. I, too, do the purse touching thing! I had no idea that was common. I mainly do it with dear son's diabetic bag.

2. When I drive anywhere and get out of the car, I check to see if I have my keys over and over and over again. I will put them in my purse and I will know I put them in there and I still have to unzip my purse and look inside for my keys. I have learned to just keep them in my hand until I lock the car and then put them in my purse to save me from looking over and over again.

3. I sanitize my buggy when I go to trade and I sanitize my hands after being in public places. I make my family sanitize their hands, too. I am quite germ phobic. If I am walking down an aisle in the store and I see someone coughing and sneezing, I will turn around and go the other way. I don't like to touch door handles and I always try to open a public door using a part of the handle that is rarely touched. I will use my coat sleeve in the winter and I love to walk in after someone else has opened the door. I also love automatic doors that don't have to be touched. I will not touch items in a store that are "out of place". I also reach in the shelf or freezer and retrieve items that are not in the front.

4. I don't kill most insects and spiders when I find them in my house. I catch them and let them go outside. I can catch spiders, wasps, flies, and most any insect with my bug catching jar and index card. I do kill any mosquito I see, along with ticks and fleas. I also set out bait for ants that come in our home. Other insects that happen to wander in by mistake, I just catch them and let them go. I have never been bitten or stung.

5. I cannot stand for someone to sit on my feet if I am lying down. It smothers me. I know that is stupid and there is no logical basis for it, but you might as well put a pillow over my face. When my boys were little and would crawl all over me, I could handle anything but them sitting on my feet. After a while, I will literally panic and struggle to get free.

6. I hate pancakes. I am including this because I was discussing my quirks with my family and they insisted that this was not normal and should be listed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be re-evaluating our friendship now. Hate pancakes? Yeah, not normal. Not at all. ;)

Angie in VA

r said...

I can't believe it! I do the key thing, too!!! That's funny!!!