In this year's Derby, we saw two riders get thrown from their mounts. One before the race and the winning jockey after the race. I was amazed that they could hold on and even ride standing up going full speed without falling and then get bucked off when the horses were just walking. I guess they both were caught off guard. Maybe it's common. I am not a horse person. My sister is. She has always owned horses. I am sort of afraid of them.
There was tragedy at this year's Derby, too. Eight Belles broke both front ankles and had to be put down at the track. I don't think I have ever seen this happen before. Eight Belles finished second.
Here are a couple more pix of the azaleas and our redbud.


I love how the redbud blossoms grow right on the tree trunk.
The mountains are full and green now. I have a few bearded irises getting ready to bloom. That will be it for a while, except for some daisies and lilies I have up on the hill. I need to buy some annuals to set out now that the danger of frost is over. I should have a handful of strawberries pretty soon. I can't wait.
1 comment:
That is a beautiful tree! I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
Post a Comment