Did you know that "decluttering" is not a word? We use it all the time, how can it not be a word? I spent most of yesterday in youngest dear son's room trying to declutter.
I consumed the first part of the day in his room, and spent the rest of the day decluttering the rest of the house from the stuff I removed from his room. I'm sure there is a better, more efficient way to declutter, but there was a method to my madness and by the end of the day I had knocked a dent in it.
I bought three bright green wicker baskets at Big Lots to contain the stuff he uses most. The baskets are lined with a striped fabric. So pretty and clean looking. The smaller basket will be used for all the remotes that belong in his room that he can never find when he needs them. I corralled his magazines into two magazine racks and still had some left over. I'll deal with that later.
I found over ten pencils, two chap sticks, Christmas ornament hangers, a lid to my big stock pot, two large spoons and one ladle, four drumsticks, an arrow, Lego's, a dead bug, three of his Mystery of History memory cards, two balloons, and a bunch and I do mean a bunch of scraps of paper of varying sizes with numbers on them. He said the numbers were codes for video games and that he needed them. The Mr. Monk in me stapled them all together and placed them in a labelled file in with his magazines.
Today, I will tackle the shelves in top of the closet and the computer desk. I may even post pix if I ever finish. If you don't hear from me in a while, send help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment